Each April, foodies and epicureans the world over converge on St. Croix for a prestigious week-long festival that celebrates the joy of food and wine. Hailed as one of the Ten Best International Food and Wine Festivals by Forbes Travel – the St. Croix Food and Wine Experience brews a showcase of diverse cuisine and wine available on St. Croix each year during its well-anticipated, well-attended event series! Local chefs, celebrity chefs, cooking show personalities and top winemakers from the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, California, Florida, and abroad support this series of events. And even more incredible is that the event itself a big fund-raiser designed to support the food service industry with training and scholarships, as well as support our community foundation, The St. Croix Foundation. Visit The St. Croix Food and Wine Experience
website for all the details.
2013 Vacation Packages
Visitors can secure tickets to a Taste of St. Croix in advance by booking a hotel package with participating hotels. Packages should be booked directly with the participating hotel. Packages offer an opportunity to explore the island, sample delicious food and wine, and see celebrity and island chefs team together to raise funds for non-profit programs. Packages offered
vary from 3 - 5 nights, with inclusions like car rentals, Buck Island trips, and more.
Location : Christiansted
Toll Free : 800-524-0410
Local Tel : 340-773-0687
Website : www.HotelCaravelle.com
European-Style Hotel on Christiansted’s Waterfront! St. Croix’s leader in hospitality and value, the beautiful Hotel Caravelle sits quietly on the water’s edge in historic Christiansted. This charming 43 room European-style hotel offers all of the advantages of a Caribbean resort- sailing, fishing, swimming, sunning, and snorkeling. Comfort, convenience, and a friendly Caribbean staff assure you a warm welcome and many happy returns to the Hotel Caravelle.
Location : East End
Toll Free : 800-255-3881
Local Tel : 340-712-2100
Website : www.TheBuccaneer.com
Host to ABC’s ‘The Bachelor’ and One of the World’s Top 50 Tropical Resorts – Conde Nast Traveler! The historic Buccaneer boasts 138 exquisite accommodations in a luxury country club atmosphere. Located on 340 acres two miles from Christiansted, the property has three lovely beaches, a championship golf course, renowned tennis and watersports – combined they create a luxury playground for all ages. Family owned and operated since 1947, The Buccaneer is perfect for couples, families, and honeymooners. Your stay includes a complimentary full breakfast, complimentary children’s programs year round, complimentary snorkeling, kayaks, and floats. A shuttle is provided into town for a small charge. We also offer a relaxing luxury day spa where you can get pampered from head to toe.
Location : East End
Toll Free : 877-773-9700
Local Tel : 340-773-9700
Website : www.gotostcroix.com/resorts/divi-carina-bay-all-inclusive
All Inclusive Caribbean Resort and Casino! Divi Carina Bay Resort, St. Croix’s only All-Inclusive Resort and home to the U.S. Virgin Islands’ only Casino, is a deluxe 200 room resort located on the secluded eastern shore of the island. A combination of Caribbean charm with modern amenities, the Divi Carina Bay offers unlimited nightlife and world class gaming. They also have two fresh water pools, three restaurants, three bars, an 18-hole miniature golf course, a driving range & clubhouse, tennis courts, full service ‘Surfside Spa’, fitness center, a casino, and complimentary wireless internet access.
Location : North Shore
Toll Free : 888-236-2427
Website : www.renaissancestcroix.com
Your Dream Wedding! Pure sugary sand, spectacular green mountains and rich mahogany decor set the backdrop for your incredible day. Featuring 19,000 square feet of flexible event areas, Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa specializes in Caribbean wedding receptions from 10-200 guests. Detailed wedding packages offer the flexibility to create a custom celebration from start to finish. And our skilled event planners personalize every event – from engagement parties, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. All with breathtaking scenery like the sugary beach outlined by the spectacular sunset, a lush lawn setting bordered with pristine beach, or a terrazzo terrace bordering the Bell Tower. Our staff will mind the details so you can enjoy the beginning of your happily ever after.
Location : East End
Toll Free : 800-619-0014
Local Tel : 340-773-4455
Website : www.TamarindReefResort.com
A quiet oasis on the beach – 39 room boutique resort, spa & 154-slip marina! Perfect for weddings, honeymoons, families, business executives and boating enthusiasts. Guests swim, snorkel, kayak, play tennis, enjoy massages, relax in hammocks, go on sailing charters, and conduct business via WIFI. All rooms are beachfront with private patio or balcony with optional kitchenette and satellite TV. On-site casual & fine-dining restaurants, freshwater pool, tennis courts, beach, air-conditioned daytime meeting space for up to 80, plus an internationally recognized Blue Flag marina in an architecturally stunning neighborhood ten minutes east of historic Christiansted.
Sunday, April 14 at 10:30 am
Cuisine on the Green
- A fun golf tournament with bites and spirits at the tees. Non-golfers are invited to sample the tastings via a golf-cart tour. Every other hole of the course will feature the culinary offering of a different local restaurant accompanied by complementary beverages. Your 2-person Team will taste & sip your way through an 18 Hole Scramble culminating with a dessert buffet and awards ceremony. $200 per golfer; $75 per taster. Sponsored by Carambola Golf.
Tuesday, April 16 at 6pm
Gourmet Vintner Dinner at Tutto Bene
-Celebrity Chef Todd Gray is paired with a wine personality and the results always astound! This dinner with its gourmet themed auction kicks off the week of indulgence and generosity $250.
Tuesday, April 16 at 6pm
- Enjoy specialty beverages and food samplings from participating restaurants and bars as you stroll through the historic waterfront town of Christiansted. $100.
Wednesday, April 17 at 10:30 am
- Features education based tastings from celebrated wine makers and sommeliers. $25. Hosted by The Palms at Pelican Cove.
Wednesday, April 17 at 4:30 pm
Food Fight! On the Beach
- Celebrity Chefs Josef DeSimone, Paula DaSilva and Simon Stojanovic are paired with island chefs to compete in a hilarious series of challenges. Sponsored by Captain Morgan. $75.
Wednesday, April 17 at 7 pm
The Galleon Wine Dinner
- Featuring a stellar menu by Chef Kenneth Biggs perfectly paired with Banfi wines. Sponsored by The Galleon Restaurant. $150.
Thursday, April 18 at 6pm
A Taste of St. Croix at Divi Carina Bay Resort
- Features more than 50 local restaurants, over 20 wineries and 100's of wines as well as rums, beer and more. Live entertainment and a culinary competition with dishes judged by celebrity chefs, VIPs, and special guests. $95.
Thursday, April 18
Moet & Chandon After Party
- Held following A Taste of St. Croix. Music, dancing and pouring of champagne goes until wee hours in the morning. Included with Taste Ticket.
Friday, April 19 at 5:30 pm
Cork & Fork Dinners
- Decadent dinners held in private homes. Celebrity chefs are paired with renowned wine makers to create an unforgettable evening. Featuring chefs Paula DaSilva and Mike Lata. $1000.
Friday, April 19 at 6 pm
- The delicious BBQ takes place in historic Frederiksted town during the Sunset Jazz concert. Chefs team with local St. Croix Career and Technical Educational Complex’s award winning culinary team to show off their grilling talents. These fantastic students under the expert tutelage of Anton Doos will work with our visiting celebrity chefs Simon Stojanovic, Josef DeSimoneto and the facebook culinary team to create a buffet feast to remember.With multiple bars, amazing food and room to roam and dance with the sounds of live entertainment. This event is not one you will want to miss. Attendees can meet celebrity chefs and enjoy beautiful views and tropical breezes. $50 adult, $25 child.
Saturday, April 20 at 10:30 am
Kids Cooking Class
- Guest and local chefs including the Crucian Contessa, offer simple cooking classes for children ages 6 - 12 years old. Sponsored by Innovative.
$25 per child.
Saturday, April 20 at 6 pm
Wine in the Warehouse
- Saturday night brings everyone together for wine tasting with winemakers, cocktail samplings, small bites and music. The one-night transformation of the watrehouse is a beautiful and surprising experience. Sponsored by Leeward Management.
Book your tickets
soon, events sell out quickly!
Paula DaSilva, Miami Beach
Owner of Restaurant 1500o in Miami Beach, Hell's Kitchen contestant, James Beard nominee
Josef DeSimone, Palo Alto
Culinary Director for Facebook
Todd Gray, Washington
Consultant for Michelle Obama's Healthy Kid's Initiative, James Beard nominee
Mike Lata, Charleston
Iron Chef America contestant, James Beard Award winner
Simon Stojanovic, Miami
Executive Chef of Tikl in Miami, nominated for Food & Wine Magazine's People's Best award 2012
Germán Bistué, Mendoza
Founding Partner & Marketing Director at Wine Bridge Imports
Shauna Rosenblum, Alameda
Head Winemaker of Rock Wall Winery, recipient of 'Best Female Winemaker of Sparkling Wines', 'Best Zinfandel in California', and many Gold, Double Gold and Best of Show Medals
- Proceeds from the St. Croix Food & Wine Experience support local education, community revitalization and public safety programs managed by the St. Croix Foundation, a non-profit organization. The event series also impacts and supports local culinary, hospitality and tourism programs.