Performing The Wedding
You have promised to cherish each other forever, now let 'Performing The Wedding' create a unique ceremony for your wedding day! Ceremonies for small weddings, large gatherings, elopements, commitment ceremonies and vow renewals are beautifully performed with dignity, warmth and grace by compassionate minister Reissa Leigh, Celebrant, B.Msc. Ceremonies can be held at the venue of your choosing, and are uniquely customized to be as personalized, spiritual, nondenominational, or traditional as you choose. Weave the story of your relationship into your ceremony, acknowledge those who have supported your love, exchange rings, and make it all your own. Pastoral counseling services are also available.
Weave the story of your special relationship into the fabric of a wedding ceremony in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, that presents you to your family, friends, guests and the world as you desire.
Tell them how your love came to be, make your vows revealing your hearts’ love as you desire. Acknowledge those who have supported your journey along the way. Share the exchange of your rings, light a candle, and make it your own.
Your marriage ceremony will be filled with joy and grace, peace and the promise of lasting love. In the light of day or the soft light of the moon, the words of your ceremony will bless all those present to witness your union.
- Small or Large Weddings (Rehearsals optional)
- LGBT Weddings
- Interfaith Ceremony
- Spiritual Ceremony
- Vow Renewals
- Customized Vows
- Pastoral Counseling
- Submit your application to the court one month in advance if you’re mailing your documents, or two weeks in advance if you are submitting them in person.
- $100 application fee, non-refundable (payable by certified check or money order; cash is only accepted if paying in person).
- A letter detailing date of arrival on St. Croix, length of stay, and desired date of ceremony (not necessary if applying in person).
- If either applicant is divorced, include a certified copy of all applicable divorce decrees.
- If either applicant is widowed, include a certified copy of all applicable death certificates.
- There is an 8-day waiting period required before the court will issue a marriage license.
- Please visit visuperiorcourt.org for full details and forms.
We are so happy Rev. Reissa performed our wedding! She made it a very special and memorable day! Rev. Reissa got to know us and provided us with a one of a kind service. Thank you so much!
Reissa was great to work with. She was everything we could have wanted for our wedding. Reissa and her husband Lou made our day perfect.
Reissa was a pleasure to work with. Very thorough and easy to communicate with. Thank you for our perfect wedding ceremony!
Read More about the Performing the Wedding
Some of the best wedding planning inspiration comes from real life weddings. What have other brides done that you’d like to include in your wedding…or avoid? GoToStCroix.com Editor, Sam, had the pleasure of planning her own destination wedding here on St. Croix. While she is a resident of St. Croix, most of the wedding guests (70 out of 80) came from off island. It was a St. Croix destination wedding for everyone but the bride and groom. Here is Sam & CJ’s Real St. Croix wedding…Read More
One of the most compelling reasons to plan a destination wedding on St. Croix is the stunning venues our island has to offer. In addition to the picturesque white sand beaches you would expect in the Caribbean, St. Croix is home to a variety of postcard-worthy settings for your special day. From historic properties to resorts,…Read More
While you are not required to plan every day of your wedding guests trips, it is nice to have some group activities and optional excursions planned for while they are here. Many of your guests may be piggy-backing their family vacation onto your big day, so leave some time for guests to do their own…Read More