Fly the Whale
Experience a new level of safety, service, and style with Fly the Whale, now offering frequent, fast, and friendly flights between St. Croix and St. Thomas. Fly the Whale offers over 20 daily flights year round to make it easy for Virgin Islanders to see family, fête with friends or seal that business deal in person. Ask about FTW’s WhalePak program for frequent flying perks.
Location: Mid Island, Airport
Phone: (800) 908-0469
Fly the Whale
Fly The Whale is now offering numerous daily trips to and from St. Thomas and St. Croix. The airline aims to create a locally-focused operation that will benefit Virgin Islanders, particularly those who commute between the islands for work. They provide flights utilizing a fleet of Cessna Grand Caravans, one of the most widely used aircraft in the world. Fly The Whale chose this aircraft type for its passenger comfort, safety, and flexible mission capability. This aircraft features a spacious, low-noise, air-conditioned cabin that is easily accessible and offers superior comfort.
Fly The Whale offers over 20 daily flights between the islands.
Low daily fares makes frequent travel possible for Virgin Islanders and island hoppers
Check-In Time: Departures from St. Croix and St. Thomas, please be at the ticket counter at least 45 minutes before departure.
Cashless Notice: Fly The Whale only accepts major credit cards, and debit cards.
Reservations Information: Unless you are part of the WhalePak Program, FTW charges $5 per call in to make or change reservations. You may avoid this fee by making changes online.
Fly the Whale has created the WhalePak for agencies, corporations and frequent fliers. Purchase 5 Round Trip Tickets at an incredible price and get our absolute best perks!
• No Flight Time Limitations: No limitations on flight time availability
• Dedicated WhalePak Team: Real people to help with your account and travel
• No Fees: For bookings, telephone reservations, changes, cancellations
• Generous Luggage Allowance: Up to 50 LBS of luggage allowance
• Simple Account Management: Establish traveler profiles, replenish account, keep track of expenditures
• Add Flights: Your WhalePak Team can add flights, operations permitting should additional seats be needed
• Low Cost Charters: Ability to procure private flights at significant savings to retail rates
Get signed up to save and access the best perks! Please download the WhalePak application and email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your group or company prefers to reserve the entire aircraft, private charter pricing is available for WhalePak members. Travel on your own schedule. Please request a quote.
Founded in 2006, Fly The Whale offers on-demand aircraft charter services in the Northeast, Florida, The Bahamas and now the U.S. Virgin Islands. With many years of experience, Fly the Whale has operated various aircraft, including seaplanes. Fly The Whale’s flights are operated by Lima NY Corp. (FAA Certificate No: L87A495L).
- Extensive crew training requirements including annual training specific to Cessna Seaplanes
- All flights operated with two pilots
Premier Caravan maintenance facility in the country
- Dedicated COVID-19 procedures for the health and safety of our passengers and crew
- Dedicated charter team available
- We partner with a large network of operators to guarantee that the answer is always yes to your request
- Fly The Whale is proud to offer a diverse fleet of aircraft. Landplanes, seaplanes, and jets for unlimited destination possibilities
- Wide range of interior configurations offering different levels of luxury and comfort
- New fleet, all aircraft are 2006-2020 YOM
Fly The Whale incorporates safety into every aspect of our company and extends that philosophy throughout our flight operations. Our highest priority is your safety and trust as we continue to maintain a close and productive relationship with all governing federal agencies and follow the strict regulations and guidelines outlined in FAA Part 135 as well as all Coast Guard rules and regulations.
Our Pilots participate in a rigorous ground and flight training regimen and are flight tested every six months to ensure your safety.
Our Aircraft are maintained in a state-of-the-art facility under the careful oversight of the FAA, Director of Maintenance, and our Director of Quality Control which is supported by a team of highly qualified, licensed aircraft mechanics.
Having been awarded a Gold rating by ARG/US, Fly The Whale has achieved a status held by less than 20% of air carriers in the industry.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we take every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our passengers by adhering to local and national COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations. Each aircraft is cleaned and sanitized prior to each flight using the CDC officially recommended materials.
We look forward to having you on board and to take you safely and efficiently to your destination!
Fly the Whale in St. Croix
Here on St. Croix, Fly the Whale arrives into and departs from the Henry E. Rohlsen Airport, located about six miles southwest of Christiansted on St. Croix.
Fly the Whale in St. Thomas
On St. Thomas, Fly the Whale arrives into and departs from the Cyril E. King International Airport (STT), located on the southwestern side of St. Thomas approximately two miles west of the capital city, Charlotte Amalie.