QE IV Ferry
The QE IV ferry service makes it easy to travel between St. Croix and St. Thomas! The QE IV was locally designed and built for a smooth and swift ride, with an ultra strong, safe, and sea worthy four-hulled design. The QE IV ferry departs from St. Croix (Gallows Bay in Christiansted) at 8am, and from the Blyden Ferry Terminal in St. Thomas at 3pm, Wednesday-Monday. One-way tickets are $70, roundtrip tickets are $120, and they also ship cargo for $0.50 per lb. Visit the website for the updated schedule or to book tickets.
Location: Gallows Bay, East End
Phone: (340) 473-1322
The QE IV Ferry runs on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday between Gallows Bay Terminal on St. Croix and the Blyden Terminal on St. Thomas.
Subscribe to ferry schedule updates here.
STX Gallows Bay
STT Blyden Terminal
Tickets are also available for purchase at Gallows Bay Marine store on St. Croix, or Blyden Ferry Terminal just east of the seaplane.
Tickets are $70 one-way or $120 round trip.
General Terms and Conditions of Passage
- Tickets are $70 one way or $120 round trip - $30 for children under two years
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before departure - check-in ends 15 minutes before departure. Failure to arrive before this time may forfeit your reservation and we are unable to ensure that you or your baggage/cargo will make the next trip.
- Coast Guard requires ID or birth papers for all passengers including children. One piece of government-issued photo identification or birth papers is required for all passengers. Proof of age is required for infants under two years.
- Children aged 17 and younger are not allowed passage unless accompanied by a person 18 years of age or older who is responsible for their care and conduct.
- QE4 Ferry services sends electronic boarding passes to the email address included with the booking for all departures. Please check your email approximately 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure time of the departure for an electronic boarding pass.
- To change or cancel a ticket, click 'Manage this booking' in the confirmation email. Changes and cancellations are permitted up to one hour before departure. No-shows are not refundable or eligible for a trip credit. If you are having technical issues while changing your ticket, email us immediately at least one hour before departure with your name and date/time of the trip - email@example.com.
- One free small bag under 50 lbs plus a personal item. Additional bags under 50 lbs are $25. Bags over 50 lbs are $0.50 per lb and large and overweight bags may be subject to additional fees.
- Pets must be accompanied and secured in a kennel or carrier. The kennel is counted as additional baggage and is $25 for under 50 lbs, or $0.50 per lb for over 50 lbs. Pets need to be paid for when you arrive at the ferry.
- Weather conditions may reduce the schedule to one round trip at reduced speed or be cancelled completely. Refunds will be available.
- Please bring cargo to a crew member an hour before departure with the name and phone number of the receiver.
- Cargo is $0.50 per lb with a minimum charge of $10 for less than one cubic foot or $20 for greater than one cubic foot.
- Large and overweight items may be subject to additional fees at the agent's discretion.
- Cargo must be dropped off 30 minutes before departure and paid for at departure unless otherwise arranged prior. The sender can pay with credit card or cash at the ferry.
- Cargo is billed per trip with an additional 50% charge for cargo left overnight.
- Pickup times are between 10am-2pm on St. Thomas, and 7am-7:30am and 5pm-5:30pm on St. Croix.
Gallows Bay Ferry Terminal (STX)
Blyden Ferry Terminal (STT)
Informative and Easy-To-Use Guide! PLACES TO EXPLORE St. Thomas – St. John – St. Croix, the official publication of the USVI Hotel and Tourism Association, is an informative and easy-to-use guide filled with enlightening facts and activities to enjoy while visiting the Virgin Islands. Find information on history, sightseeing, shopping, real estate, dining, water sports, the…Read More
Looking to do some island hopping? Let us share how you can GoTo (and from) St. Croix! By air or by sea, the options for inter-island travel to and from St. Croix are growing. In addition to options that allow for quick trips to the other U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the British Virgin…Read More