Budget Rent A Car
Discover the beauty of St. Croix at your own pace
St. Croix Island Life Real Estate
Lattitude Adjustment Specialists
Blue Ocean Transport
Shipping excellence for the Virgin Islands
Centerline Car Rentals
Where will your next adventure take you?
Coldwell Banker St. Croix Realty
Your St. Croix real estate experts
The vibe that connects us!
Here you’ll find the Virgin Islands Marriage License requirements, so you can download the application forms and guidelines to make your St. Croix destination wedding legal. Also, find out how and where to submit your application. Fees and court hours are subject to change, so please check with the Superior Court prior to submitting. Most importantly, make sure to give yourself enough time for the process because we want your destination wedding to happen as scheduled!
Submitting the Application:
We suggest you submit your application to the court one month in advance if you are mailing your documents or two weeks in advance if you are submitting them in person because of the processing time. The following documents are required for application:
- Application for Marriage License
- License and Certificate of Marriage
- $100 application fee, non-refundable (payable by certified check or money order; cash is only accepted if paying in person)
- A letter detailing date of arrival on St. Croix, length of stay, and desired date of ceremony. (not necessary if applying in person)
- A certified copy of all applicable divorce decrees, if either applicant is divorced
- A certified copy of all applicable death certificates, if either applicant is widowed
Mail to: Superior Court United States Virgin Islands – Family Division, PO Box 929, Christiansted, VI 00821
Apply in person at: The R.H. Amphlett Leader Justice Center located on Centerline Road in Kingshill.
Posting of Application:
There is an 8 day waiting period required before the court will issue a marriage license. During this time, the application is posted for public review.
Examination of Applicants :
Both applicants are required to appear together before the Clerk of the Court, or her designee, to be examined under oath before the marriage license can be issued. Valid identification is required, but there is no physical examination or blood test required.
Court Fees :
- $100 application fee
- $100 license fee
- $400 if you wish for a judge to perform the marriage
- $3.00 per certified copy
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm, excluding holidays (please note that the cashier is only open 8:15 am – 3:00 pm)
- Saturday: For a fee of $150 you can pre-arrange for the court to be open (excludes Carnival Saturday)
- Sunday and Holidays: For a fee of $150 you can pre-arrange for the court to be open from 9:30 -10:30 am.
We strongly suggest calling the Superior Court prior to sending in your documents to check that you have the most up to date forms, fees, procedures and cashier hours since they are subject to change. (340) 778-9750