The Buccaneer Beach & Golf Resort, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
Host to ABC's 'The Bachelor' and one of the 'World's Top 50 Tropical Resorts' - Conde Nast Traveler! The historic Buccaneer boasts 131 exquisite accommodations in a luxury country club atmosphere. Located on 340 acres two miles from Christiansted, the property has three lovely beaches, a championship golf course, renowned tennis and watersports - combined they create a luxury playground for all ages. Family owned and operated since 1947, The Buccaneer is perfect for couples, families, and honeymooners. In 2021, the property joined the Trademark Collection by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, a collection of independently-owned hotels that offer character true to their location. Your stay includes a complimentary full breakfast, complimentary snorkeling, kayaks, and floats. A shuttle is provided into town for a small charge. A wellness and spa menu is available for hotel guests only.
Overlooking the Caribbean and Christiansted harbor, fronting three distinctive and spectacular beaches, The Buccaneer Beach & Golf Resort is one of the most iconic luxury resorts in St. Croix. It’s tranquil here with stunning views in every direction and 340 acres of an oceanfront playground encompassing an 18-hole golf course, eight tennis courts, three beaches, two pools, a water sports center, a full-service spa and a salon, a 24-hour fitness center, three restaurants and a shopping arcade with fine boutiques.
Picture your perfect wedding day in our stunning venues. One of the most iconic luxury resorts in the Virgin Islands, The Buccaneer Beach & Golf Resort offers an unforgettable backdrop for your wedding in St. Croix. Sea breezes and the fragrance of tropical flowers add to the Caribbean magic.
- Breakfast daily
- Snorkeling equipment
- Welcome rum or fruit punch
- Kayaks and beach chairs
- Daily housekeeping service
- Complimentary wireless Internet access
- Complimentary self parking
- Three restaurants and bars onsite, able to accommodate dietary preferences and food allergies. Gluten-free and Vegetarian options are available.
- Golf course and tennis courts on property
- Spa and wellness services available to hotel guests
- Fitness center
- Three beaches on property
- Each room features a private patio or balcony for maximum enjoyment of our spectacular views and cooling breezes.
- Family cottage suites, the most popular family accommodations, feature two bedrooms and one bath, complete with a spacious front lawn.
- Room conveniences include air conditioners, small refrigerators, safes, hair dryers, telephones, satellite television, DVD players, irons and ironing boards, coffee makers, shower or shower/tub combination, double sinks and ceiling fans.
- Some rooms have soothing whirlpool tubs. Cribs, rollaway beds and microwaves are available upon request.
- All accommodation categories offer rooms suitable for handicapped guests.
At The Buccaneer
Dine At The Buccaneer
Read More about The Buccaneer
Favorite St. Croix Beach Bars
Let’s face it, when you think of vacationing in the Caribbean you imagine yourself with your toes in the sand and a tropical cocktail (or beer) in your hand as you look out over the brilliant blue water. Well, St. Croix has a variety of beach bars that will allow you to make your dreams…Read More
Stay at a Charming Historic Property
Imagine waking up on your Caribbean vacation in a comfortable, air-conditioned room and stepping out onto your private balcony to look out over a lush, tropical property scattered with historical ruins. That’s the stuff dreams are made of, right? Well, here on St. Croix you can find historic accommodations that will allow you to read…Read More
Where to Workout on St. Croix
Whether you are visiting St. Croix and you want to keep up your exercise routine, or you are a resident looking to mix-up your workouts, the island has a lot to offer. The variety and scope of fitness activities St. Croix has to offer is pleasantly surprising. From jogging trails with stunning views, to yoga…Read More
St. Croix Coral Reef Swim
Who knew that when I moved to St. Croix I would become an athlete? Okay, so I use the term ‘athlete’ loosely, but I have just participated in the 19th annual St. Croix Coral Reef Swim. This annual event attracts not only world class athletes, but swimmers of all ages and levels from all over since it includes a one-mile, a two-mile and a five-mile swim race.Read More
Golf in Paradise
If you want to golf in paradise, St. Croix offers some of the best courses in the Caribbean. Don’t miss your opportunity to play one of the island’s picturesque courses which have been written about in publications like Golf Digest, Travel and Leisure Golf, and GOLF magazine. Choose a golf course in a lush valley surrounded by rainforest, a scenic resort course overlooking the…Read More
Buccaneer Joins Luxury Wyndham Brand
The Buccaneer has been an iconic resort on St. Croix for decades. Originally opened as an eleven-room inn by the Armstrong family in 1947, The Buccaneer has become one of the Caribbean’s landmark resorts. Now, Elizabeth Armstrong, third-generation owner, has announced that The Buccaneer has partnered with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts to brand the 74-year-old…Read More