The East End of St. Croix features beautiful ocean views in stark contrast to the high-desert like landscape, complete with cactus. A drive along the East End takes you over rolling hills, along side farms and nature preserves, and the north side offers a view of Buck Island. You can also see the V.L Baseline Array Telescope on the way up to the Point Udall, the easternmost point of the U.S., a great place to catch a sunrise.
The East End is also home to three beachfront hotels/resorts, The Buccaneer, Tamarind Reef and Grapetree Bay Hotel & Villas. For anyone who enjoys boating, sailing or sportfishing, you’ll also find Green Cay Marina and the St. Croix Yacht Club out east. Much of the East End is included in the St. Croix East End Marine Park, which was started to preserve and protect the natural and cultural resources of the park area and surrounding reefs. You’ll find everything from hiking trails and farm stands, to water sports and birdwatching out this way.
If you’re headed to the East End for a day, here are some activities we recommend:
- Enjoy a beach day at Tamarind Reef Resort, featuring water sports rentals, lounge chairs and cabanas
- Buy a pool pass for Grapetree Bay Hotel & Villas, enjoy lunch or cocktails at their onsite restaurant and check out the onsite murals by local artist Barbara Gelardi.
- Rent a car or hire a taxi to drive around the scenic East End and up to Point Udall
- Take a Hobie trimaran kayak sail with Island Kayak Sailing Adventures
- Try your luck at the Divi Carina Bay Casino
- Hike down to Jack and Isaac Bays or up to Goat Hill
- Play a round of golf or disc golf at The Reef
- Visit the interactive St. Croix East End Marine Park Visitor Center
- Spend a day at The Buccaneer and enjoy lunch and cocktails seaside
- Go birding at Southgate Coastal Reserve
To find out all the fun things to do in a day in Christiansted, Frederiksted or the North Shore, you can read more in our blog. Welcome to St. Croix, island hoppers and visitors! We hope you enjoy your time here on our hidden gem. Please #gotostcroix on photos you share to social media so we can see what you love about St. Croix.