Virgin Islands Food Tours
Virgin Islands Food Tours transforms visitors into locals! This guided food tasting & cultural walking tour in Downtown Christiansted is a unique Crucian foodie experience allowing guests to enjoy six exclusive tastings of authentic local cuisine, and taste firsthand why St. Croix is considered a premier culinary destination in the Caribbean. Learn about the island's seven-flag colonial history, its Danish architectural influence and how sustainability & agriculture are the backbone of the island's cuisine. Our knowledgeable local guides will show you how to navigate Christiansted with ease as we captivate your hearts and bellies with authentic Crucian cuisine prepared by those who do it best.
Phone: (866) 498-3684
Taste of Twin City Tour
Enjoy 6 exclusive tastings of authentic local cuisine & learn why St. Croix is known as the culinary gateway to the Caribbean:
- Tasting locations include a Crucian lunch, our famous "bush" tea & other local favorites you won't discover on your own
- Dine where locals do with stops at locally owned restaurants and eateries
- Uncover St. Croix’s diverse history dating back to the early 1400s and learn more about the island's architectural connection to Denmark
- Learn about the origins of our local foods and drinks stemmed in sustainability and agriculture
- Taste of Twin City Dining Guide – with maps and exclusive guest coupons plus a take-home souvenir for each guest
Christiansted Sip & Stroll Cocktail Tour
Enjoy 5 drink tastings on this expertly crafted cocktail tour and learn about St. Croix's rich history in rum and other spirits:
- 4 Cocktail Tastings + 1 Beer Flight + 1 Food Tasting – Perfect for locals and tourists alike!
- Go where the locals go and learn why rum is king over all other spirits on St. Croix
- Capture the beginnings of a Crucian sunset as you sip uniquely crafted cocktails
- Taste of Twin City Tours run Fridays & Saturdays starting at 10:30am. Alternate days available upon request. Food tastings provide enough for a satisfying lunch.
- Christiansted Sip & Stroll Cocktail Tours run on Thursdays & Fridays starting at 6pm. Guests must be 18 or older to attend this tour.
- Our tours take place rain or shine. Ponchos are provided by your guide.
- Small groups of no more than 12 guests per guide provides a personalized, intimate experience.
- We can fulfill most requests regarding dietary restrictions and/or allergies with advance notice.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and light clothing. Use sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
- Taste of Twin City Tour includes one alcoholic beverage tasting. Request the nonalcoholic option at the time of booking.
- Taste of Twin City Tour is suitable for all age groups & most fitness levels. NOT suitable for guests with wheelchairs.
Cruzan Foodie Goodie Boxes
When the pandemic hit, President and CEO of Virgin Islands Food Tours Anquanette Gaspard created a way to have the flavors of St. Croix delivered directly to your doorstep. Get your taste buds ready for a sampling of delicious goodies from St. Croix, USVI! These Cruzan Foodie favorites fully highlight the flavors of the island and you don’t have to book a flight or navigate the TSA line!
In the Fall box, you can look forward to these six (6) mouthwatering goodies:
- 1 Bag of Butter Cookies
- 5 oz. Jar of Pound Seasoning
- 5 oz. Bottle of Pepper Sauce
- 4 oz. Jar of Gooseberry Stew
- 1 Bag of Bush Tea
- 3 Fruit Tarts (Coconut, Guava, Pineapple)
If you were craving the flavor of Tamarind, you also have the option to add a 4 oz. jar of tamarind stew + two (2) tamarind balls at check-out.
Click here to order your box today (seasonal, limited quantities)
Virgin Islands Food Tours was founded in 2016 with the clear goal of transforming visitors to St. Croix into locals of St. Croix by way of the island’s distinctive foods, extraordinary history and eclectic culture. In one afternoon, visitors can experience the heart and soul of St. Croix – its food – while strolling the cobble-stoned streets of Downtown Christiansted bursting with its quaint island charm and warm smiles of friendly locals.
We offer a unique foodie excursion that highlights the island’s delicious local foods and drinks stemmed in sustainability and agriculture. Taste why St. Croix is considered the gateway to the Caribbean on our expertly crafted food tasting and cultural walking tour. Led by spirited and knowledgeable local guides, we look forward to captivating your hearts (as well as your bellies) with authentic Crucian cuisine prepared by those who do it best.
With open minds and empty stomachs, join Virgin Islands Food Tours for the ultimate Crucian foodie experience. We guarantee to take you on a culinary journey featuring St. Croix’s most authentic foods and drinks while transforming you from visitor to local in one shot.
Where to Meet for Taste of Twin City Tour:
Where to Meet for Christiansted Sip & Stroll Tour:
Read More about Virgin Islands Food Tours
When the pandemic hit, President and CEO of Virgin Islands Food Tours Anquanette Gaspard created a way to have the flavors of St. Croix delivered directly to your doorstep. These Cruzan Foodie Goodie Boxes will include a mix of mouthwatering goodies made right here on St. Croix. These Cruzan Foodie favorites fully highlight the flavors…Read More
100 Things To Do on St. Croix We here at GoToStCroix.com have compiled a list of ‘100 Things To Do on St. Croix’ featuring popular activities, attractions, and must-do experiences unique to St. Croix. St. Croix offers lots of things to do, thanks to our perfect weather and beautiful beaches. Our rum drinks are also…Read More
If you have taken one of the Virgin Islands Food Tours, you know that the owner takes her love of all things local seriously. Anquanette Gaspard, known to many as the Cruzan Foodie, loves to teach visitors and residents alike about the flavors unique to St. Croix. While her popular food tours have resumed, the…Read More
You simply cannot visit St. Croix without tasting the local food. The island is a melting pot of cultures and ingredients, which has given rise to dishes that are truly unique to St. Croix. Crucian cuisine has been influenced by the seven countries whose flags have flown over the island, as well as Africa, Puerto Rico, the…Read More