St. Croix is a perfect location to spend your Valentine’s Day this year. Sunset walks on the beach, fantastic panoramic views, and crystal blue Caribbean waters make this a romantic spot year-round, but why not take advantage of everything the island has to offer for this most romantic of weekends? In addition to the landscape itself, St. Croix offers amazing restaurants and dining opportunities, relaxing spas, unique shopping, and an incredible list of experiences and excursions you can enjoy together. You can also kick off Valentine’s Day weekend at Jump Up, and spend part of your weekend at St. Croix’s biggest event of the year, the Agricultural Fair.
For those of you who could use a little help from Cupid on ways to make this Valentine’s Day weekend special, here are a few ideas for you to consider:
- Make reservations at one of the island’s delectable restaurants
- Take a sunset sail with live music and special hors d’oeuvres on Lyric Sails
- Pack a picnic, or a bottle of champagne and some strawberries, and setup on the beach
- Head to AgriFest (or ‘AgFair’) and sample the multitude of local favorites
- Hit the farmer’s markets and then prepare a special meal for your loved one
- Make sure to get your special someone a Crucian Hook bracelet or, if they already have a hook, add to their collection with another great locally made bracelet or piece of jewelry
- Shop for a great new sundress, t-shirt, hat, locally made skincare products, or accessories – and don’t forget the shoes!
- Rum…Cruzan or Captain Morgan, of course
- Add ambience with realistic-looking flameless, remote control candles or beautiful Debbie Sun Design Studio tableWEAR from Sweet Lime Home Furnishings
- Spa treatments make the best gifts for just about everyone! Who doesn’t need to relax and get pampered?
Experiences & Excursions:
- Take a sunset sail, or sail out to Buck Island for the day
- Go diving – not certified, spend this weekend discovering scuba
- Take a jet-ski tour with West End Water Sports
- Take a romantic horseback ride along the beach
- Snuggle up together on an ATV and tour the rainforest with Gecko’s Island Adventures
- Book a ‘stay-cation’ at one of the many resorts or hotels
Support the Local Community:
- Take in a show at Caribbean Community Theatre, now featuring ‘9 to 5’
- Join the party at Christiansted’s annual Crucian Valentine’s Jump Up
Just enjoy the beauty of St. Croix:
- Hold hands and take a long walk on the beach
- Enjoy a sunrise at Point Udall
- Watch the sunset on the West End
- Spread out a blanket on an East End beach and stargaze
The most important thing to remember about Valentine’s Day is that it is all about the celebration of love. Whether you are celebrating with your spouse, significant other, friends, or family, make sure to let those special someone’s know how much you love and appreciate them…not just on Valentine’s Day, but everyday!
– Jennie Ogden, Editor