St. Croix is home to both the Cruzan Rum and Captain Morgan Rum distilleries. Both distilleries offer excellent and unique tours ending with rum tastings.
The Cruzan Rum distillery is steeped in history and set amongst preserved historic remnants of the original Estate Diamond sugar cane plantation. The Nelthropp family has been producing Cruzan Rum for generations, and is still running the distillery today. Their tour offers a look at their historic grounds, and an up-close look at the process of distilling rum. On the other hand, the Captain Morgan Rum distillery is the new kid on the block here on St. Croix. Their state-of-the-art Captain Morgan Visitor Center offers a multi-sensory experience complete with a film presentation in their on-site air conditioned auditorium, followed by a look at modern distilling via a comfortable tram ride.
At the end of each of the distillery tours, each adult visitor receives two cocktails, as well as the opportunity to taste some of the seemingly endless variety of rums. With 39 flavors to choose from, where will you start your tasty adventure?– Jennie Ogden, Editor
- The Four Spirits of St. Croix
- The Marvelous Mango
- Savoring St. Croix Like a Local
- UVI Students ‘Learning Skills for Life’
- The Spirited History of Caribbean Rum
- Take Advantage of Duty-Free Shopping
- St. Croix Heritage Trail
- Two Rum Distilleries, 39 Flavors of Rum!
- Legendary Time at Captain Morgan Rum Distillery
- My St. Croix Destination Wedding