things to do
With warm Caribbean waters and a diverse landscape, there are so many things to do on St. Croix. Water sports, diving, historical and nature tours, rum distilleries, horseback riding, sporting events, golf, spas and more. The question is, what will you do first?
ST. CROIX OFFERS ACTIVITIES FOR EVERYONE
St. Croix is known for our world class scuba diving, but here you can also enjoy sailing, snorkeling, sport fishing, kayaking, and lots of different water sports. Plus, no visit to St. Croix is complete without a trip to Buck Island!
Everything from golf to horseback riding can be found here on St. Croix. Try hiking one of our many trails, visit the national parks, hit the casinos, and tour the local distilleries and brewery.
Learn about the unique Crucian culture and history by taking a guided tour or visiting some of our historic attractions. Or, enjoy some live entertainment, take in a community theater show, and much more.
St. Croix is home to several major annual fitness events, as well as many great fitness facilities to help you stay in shape. Get in a workout, take a yoga class, and don't forget to pamper yourself with a massage or spa treatment!
THINGS TO DO ON ST. CROIX
For Scuba Divers...
- Start your day with a two tank dive. You can choose boat dives out of Frederiksted, Christiansted or Salt River. Or, you can rent your tanks and gear and shore dive The Wall at Cane Bay.
- Enjoy a nice long lunch during your surface interval.
- Head west and do a night dive at the Frederiksted Pier with one of the many dive shops in Frederiksted within walking distance of the pier.
For the Family...
- Take a charter boat to Buck Island to snorkel the underwater trail and visit the stunning Turtle Beach.
- Grab lunch on the boardwalk and enjoy the view of Christiansted Harbor while you eat.
- Optional: take a nap...you may need it!
- Enjoy an afternoon parasailing adventure and get a birds-eye view of Christiansted and the surrounding area.
- Book a sport fishing charter and let the pros take you fishing for mahi mahi, wahoo, tuna, and more!
- Take your catch to a local restaurant and ask them to cook it for you, or take it back to your hotel or villa and cook it up yourself.
- If you are a spear fishermen, take an afternoon dive to hunt for lionfish. Or, go out with a private charter that offers spear fishing or lobster hunting.
For Nature Lovers...
- Take a hike to the Hams Bluff Lighthouse to see amazing, panoramic views of the North Shore and the Caribbean Sea.
- Snorkel the Frederiksted Pier to see some of the beautiful underwater life here on St. Croix.
- Kayak the mangroves of Salt River to see more wildlife above the water, or take a nighttime Bio Bay tour to see the bioluminescence Salt River has to offer.
For Spirit Lovers...
- Start with a tour of the original St. Croix spirit distillery, Cruzan Rum. See how Cruzan Rum is made, tour the historic property and sample some delicious rum cocktails.
- For your second stop, Leatherback Brewing Company. Walk above the brewery to see the brewing process in action, then head to the bar and try some of their most popular beers. Leatherback also offers food, so maybe grab a bite to eat to soak up the alcohol.
- Next stop, the Captain Morgan Visitors Center. This experience includes a brand new interactive exhibit, historical overview of the rum industry, and a tasting tavern serving fresh juiced cocktails.
- Finally, the Sion Farm Distillery which is home to home to MUTINY Island Vodka. The tour will teach you about the origin of the world's only breadfruit vodka, as well as some fun facts about Sion Farm Distillery. Then enjoy a tasting session featuring MUTINY Island Vodka signature drinks. They also offer a great menu, so stay for a late lunch or early dinner while you're there.
For Thrill Seekers...
- Take an ATV ride through the rainforest and stop at historic sugar mill ruins.
- Stop by Rainbow Beach and rent a jet ski, SUP or kayak.
- End the afternoon by soaring across across the lush Carambola valley on the new zip line.
For Nature Lovers...
- Hike to the Annaly Bay Tide Pools and spend the morning hiking trough the subtropical rainforest and relaxing in the beautiful tide pools. (If it's your first time, e recommend hiring a guide.)
- Stop at The Landing Beach Bar for a delicious lunch and cold drinks.
- Optional: take a nap, you'll likely be exhausted!
- Take a sunset horseback riding tour along the beach and ride your horse right into the Caribbean Sea.
For History Lovers...
- Take the Alexander Hamilton's Christiansted Walking Tour and walk in the footsteps of Hamilton, visiting many places he frequented.
- Visit the St. George Village Botanical Gardens and enjoy the flora and fauna of St. Croix, as well as seeing historic rum factory estate ruins.
- Book a historical, narrated, sightseeing tour of St. Croix with Sweeny's Tours.
- Tour the Christiansted National Historic Site, including Fort Christiansvaern and the Steeple Building.
- Staying at a private villa? Top off your day with a private movie under the stars at your vacation rental with MovieTime VI.
For Culture Lovers...
- Take a Virgin Islands Food Tour and taste the flavors of St. Croix, as well as learning about Crucian history from a local guide.
- Visit the Lawaetz Museum and learn about Danish West Indian life in the early 1900s. Tour 18-century estate house, with its accompanying ruins and rambling garden.
- Take an ATV tour of the rainforest, with a stop at historic sugar mill ruins.
- Soar over the Carambola Valley on the Carambola Zip Line adventure. Admission also includes a safari bus ride to the top of St. Croix with photo op stops along the way.
- Hop aboard Lyric Sails for a sunset sail along the West End of St. Croix with live music.
- Take a fitness class at a local gym or fitness studio to start your day off right.
- Get a couples massage at a day spa, or in your hotel room or villa.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the many fine restaurants in Christiansted.
- Take a private dance lesson at St. Croix Ballroom & Latin Dance Studio and learn something new together.
For Those Looking to Relax...
- Take a yoga class and get in a good stretch to start your day.
- Book a day at the spa with a massage and/or facial, or splurge on a spa package.
- Enjoy a fresh juice, smoothie or light lunch.
- Stop at Cultured Naturals Body Care and pick a few body products made locally from scratch with plant-based ingredients including essential oils, botanicals, plant oils and butters.
For Health Buffs...
- Get a week or class pass to a local gym or fitness studio so you can keep up your workout routine.
- Stop at a farmers market and stock up on locally grown, fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Take a swim in the Caribbean Sea from one of dozens of beautiful beaches.